It's been almost 5 months since I've been out of academy. It was hell and I'm so glad I'm done with it. But I will say, there were a lot of good memories made there. I'm trying to remember some of the cadences we sang while we went on our runs. Just like the military, we'd have a leader sing a line, then we'd repeat it. I'm not gonna write the repeated parts though. I'm just going to write it in the form of a poem. So when you read the running cadences, imagine each line being sung by an individual, and then repeated by the whole group. I'll update this blog when I remember more cadences.
Left, left, left-right-left
I can run to Oildale, like this!
All the way to Oildale, like this!
When I get to Oildale the tweaker's gonna say
"How'd you get to Oildale in just one day?"
I can run to Cottonwood, like this!
All the way to Cottonwood, like this!
When I get to Cottonwood the crip's gonna say
"How'd you run to Cottonwood in just one day?"
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment